Sunday, April 1, 2007

Why 42?

I am going to attempt a couple of posts today to settle some outstanding questions around the origins of the blog titles.
42 - Is the answer to life, the universe and everything (Hitchikers guide to the galaxy)
The Who - The best rock band ever. Redefined rock in music, songwriting and sheer showmanship
South Park - One of the few TV series that pokes fun at anyone and anything, a list that includes such illustrious names as mel gibson, tom cruise, rob reiner and hilary clinton and otherwise taboo topics like kids dying, child molestation, scientology and adam sandler movies.
The meaning of life -In the misguided moment when I titled the blog, I had the pretentious notion of musing on the meaning of life online, somewhat like solving a huge crossword puzzle clue-by-clue. This idea was quickly abandoned because :
- My readership is NOT interested in sharing thoughts on my musings with me. In fact, not too put too fine a point on it, they are not interested in even reading my musings.
- I have no real inclination to document online the aimless drifting trajectory my life is on currently. This could expose me to the derision of many more people than are openly contemptuous of me now
As always, I welcome comments. I am still waiting for Anand to transcribe KD's story so that the world can finally hear his version of things. More on this shortly.

No comments: